MetaGuard X is a 50-micron Cylinder Cast soft PVC Overlaminate. Matched to Metamark MD-X digital wrapping media, this system provides assurance of dimensional stability and trouble-free application over 3D surfaces, compound curves, and recesses. The Apex assured solvent-based adhesive delivers high performance and is suitable for cold over-lamination. Finishing prints with MetaGuard X prevents abrasion, extends color fastness, and also allows offers easier application.
Key Features and Benefits
- Face Film: Cylinder Cast Film
- Gauge: 50-micron nominal
- Tensile Strength: 18N/15mm MD min
- Elongation at break: 180% MD nominal
- Type: Permanent clear pressure-sensitive solvent-based acrylic with UV inhibitors
- Weight: 22gsm nominal
- Adhesion to glass 20 mins: 15N/25mm nominal
- Adhesion to glass 24 hours: 20N/25mm nominal
- Shear strength: Medium to high
- Application temperature: +5C to +60C
- Service temperature: -30C to +110C
- Print: ‘Metamark Digital Vinyl’ grey print
- Weight: 140 gsm nominal
- Type: Advanced specially treated lay-flat kraft paper with high internal strength and PE coating
- MG-X-005 Gloss
- MG-X-002 Matte
Roll Presentation (Roll sizes and net weights)
- 760mm x 50m 10kg
- 1370mm x 50m 19kg
- 1600mm x 50m 22kg
- Presentation: Laminate outwards, on a 76mm core. MG-X-002 available in 1370mm only.
- Shelf Life: 2 years
- External weathering: 7 years (unprinted vinyl. Refer to ink manufacturer for the durability of the finished product)
- Fire Rating: Self-extinguishing. The fire rating is a function of the substrate.
- Chemical Resistance: Unprinted film resistant to mild acids, aliphatic solvents, salt and alkali, diesel oil, gasoline, paraffin, hydraulic oil, antifreeze.
- This product is suitable for cold lamination using a laminator.
- Ensure that the material has reached room temperature and relative humidity of 50% before use.
- Suitable for use on Solvent, Eco-Solvent Inkjet, and Latex prints on Metamark print media. Not suitable for UV prints.
- The product is matched to Metamark MD-X. Matched laminates prevent tunneling and delamination.
- Allow the inks to cure before over-laminating, usually 24-48 hours. Failure to do so can cause delamination, tunneling, and shrinkage.
- Apply around 30C on the top roller to prevent silvering of the adhesive.
- Refer to www.metamark.co.uk for further application guidelines.
- The user should determine the suitability of the overlaminate to the print media.