The ST-52 is a steel-backed, nylon-photopolymer coated, plate with a thickness of .43mm. Alcohol developed plates are superior to water wash plates as they are longer lasting and hold finer detail. ST52 plate impressions capability is rated at 50,000 impressions. Plates available in packs of 5.
- The photopolymer color is red.
- Plates are sold 5 in a pack.
- The maximum emission from the UV light source should be between 360-380 nm.
- To wash out plate, immerse in a flat container filled with developer and rub with a plush brush to remove unexposed and undissolved material.
- The developer is a special alcohol-water mixture made for alcohol washable plates.
- Art Film Exposure time: 90-120 seconds (Using the All American EB-320 plate exposure unit)
- Screen Tint time: 90 seconds (less time for more depth/more time for less depth in the etch)
- Washout time: (using Alcohol Plate Developer) 3-4 minutes at 35 ° C/ 95 ° F
- Drying time: minimum of 20 minutes at 80 ° C / 175 ° F
- Post Exposure time: minimum of 20-30 minutes